Saturday, September 4, 2010

Your crafty partner...


Greeting card by AbleandGame

So who has a crafty partner? Not as in, he or she is crafty, but that he or she supports you in your craft?

My fiance Josh is a carpenter, and a very clever one at that, but who at times, hates my craft, because I want to hammer during dinner and spent hours on the internet scouring for supplies and selling my designs. Yet, he is supportive. He made me a lovely desk at which I can craft, drives me to markets and helps me set up my marquee with his go-go-gadget long arms (I'm very short and can't for the life of me reach the top of my marquee!).

I spent today at the BrisStyle Indie Designers Market, next to the lovely Alison of AliPink and her husband Matt. Matt was the muscles for Alison's stall, held the fort while she went to the loo, but generally was just there to support her. It made me think about how many partners there are that support their crafty other halves in a range of ways.

So, do you have a supporting crafty partner? How do they support you? I'd love to hear your stories. Please email me at ange.mcm [at] bigpond.com and I'll write another post dedicated to supporting crafty partners.

Posted by Angelene

connect with me on facebook

7 comments:

  1. Great post Ange! I certainly couldn't do what I do without the support of my husband. Matt puts up with a lot but the support of the rest of my family is just as important. My Mum usually helps out by looking after the kids whilst I am at the markets, finding great vintage fabric pieces and discussing ideas and inspirations with me. And my kids share their play space with my craft activities, put up with a slightly distracted mum, and let me know I've done a good job by telling me "That's good enough to list on etsy Mum!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do graphic design/GIMP work to save my life, oustide of the requisite adjusting of levels/colors needed for photos. The boy has been shanghaied into designing my business cards (done!) and the banners for my shop and blog (in progress).

    He is also the only person I trust to be completely honest, unbiased, and non-judgmental with me. He's the only person in the world who sees my work (jewelry, writing, whatever) before I put it out to the public. Anyone else I'd either be too embarrassed to show, or too skeptical of their neutrality (eg, my mom, though she's become better at telling me when things are heinously ugly).

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for your comments lovelies! Can't wait to include some of your stories! Keep those emails a'comin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is such a lovely idea.. I will definitely email you about my hubby's role in supporting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so totally get this post! I have an amazing hubby too, that at times rolls his eyes into the back of his head when I have fabric and craft strewn all over the house, but when he will make labels for me, put products in shiny cellophane bags, stamp my business logo on small little cards and will pack the boot the night before when I'm heading off to market!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fiance lets me spread my carft work all over our kitchen table. he also puts up with the copius amounts of buttons i buy.

    Even though he grumbles at times i found out recently he was telling everyone at his work about my bouquets and showing them pictures hehehe.

    Nic's Button Bud's & Redgate-Quilting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :) Morphologica

Blog Widget by LinkWithin